Telford & Wrekin Local Offer

SEND - Local offer

Frequently Asked Questions

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Home FAQ's


The school or educational setting is required to inform parents if a child has special educational needs and to inform young people over the age of 16 years. Parents and young people over the age of 16 can also request an Education Health and Care needs assessment.

There are other routes to request an assessment, The Local Offer will show the process how to apply.

The Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) will take the place of statements from September 2014. The threshold of need for an EHCP will be the same as for a statement.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.