Telford & Wrekin Local Offer

SEND - Local offer

Frequently Asked Questions

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Home FAQ's


Local authorities must provide an independent service that gives families, including young people with SEND, information, advice and support. These services are to help young people with SEND get the services they need. For example, they should provide information and advice to help young people understand their legal rights and how to get access to local services.

Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS)

Formerly the Parent Partnership Service,to provide free, impartial and confidential advice for those CYP who have a statement/Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

Please phone 01952 457176.

Independent Support

Specially trained Independent Supporters will provide support to parent/carers or to young people during the EHC assessment planning process.

Please phone 01952 457176.

Parents Opening Doors (PODS) Parent carer forum:

PODS, is an independent Telford and Wrekin based charity for parent carers who have a child of young person between the ages of 0 and 25 years, with a disability or additional need of any kind – offering you the opportunity to have your voice heard and to help ‘Make A Difference’.

Please phone 01952 271532 or 07775342092 or email

SEND and Inclusion

To speak to your coordinator about the processes and/or services in the SEND and Inclusion Team please phone 01952 385385.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.