Telford & Wrekin Local Offer

SEND - Local offer

Frequently Asked Questions

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Home FAQ's


The Department for Education has stated that a child or young person who currently has a Statement or Learning Difficulty Assessment will have an EHC Plan.

Children and young people will require an EHC needs assessment in order for the Local Authority to decide if it’s necessary for it to make SEN provision within an EHC Plan.

Guidance says that EHC Plans should be issued when the local authority considers the special educational needs of the child cannot be reasonably provided for with resources normally available to mainstream early year’s provision, school and post 16 institutions.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.