Early Years Inclusion Panel
- Before considering a referral to EYIP the setting must contact the designated EYCC for advice and to arrange an observation of the child
- Following the observation by the designated EYCC and subsequent discussion complete the Early Years Inclusion Panel referral form to request additional support.
- The Early Years Inclusion Panel meets once every half term so that decisions can be made and funding, or mentor support, may be allocated for the next half term.
- Referrals need to be submitted at least 3 working days before the panel meets.
- Any referrals that arrive late will be deferred until the next meeting of the Panel.
- You will need to submit copies of recently reviewed target plans (last 2) alongside the referral form and any other relevant information e.g. Professional reports that you feel will help the Panel to make their decision.
- Consider whether completing a CAF/TAC with parent(s)/carer(s) would be beneficial.
Early Years Inclusion Panel referral form
Early Years Inclusion Panel review document
Please return all paperwork to: SENDandInclusion@telford.gov.uk
Please write EY Inclusion Panel in the subject heading
Reviews must be returned the week before the panel (by Wednesday). The panel will only discuss a case if a review has been received. Support will cease without a completed review.
Settings will be notified by letter, sent through email, following the panel.
If you wish to send in requests through the post please use the address below;
SEND Team (Early Years)
Education, Corporate Parenting and Inclusion
Telford & Wrekin Council
6B Darby House
(SEND Officer, Early Years)
(SEND Coordinator, Early Years)
Telephone: 01952 567407