Talking Early Years and Childcare
Team SEND Support for the Early
Years Foundation Stage
The Early Years Advisory Teachers/SENDCo have significant teaching experience, including identifying and teaching children with a range of SEND. The following specialist services are available to support you to offer the best inclusive provision for all children:
- Individual child observation and assessments (EYFS, Standardised), liaising with SENDCo, class teacher and parents.
- This may include either an initial observation or a review observation with a written report for children at SEND support level or a review observation and a written report for an EHC Plan Review (EYFS).
- Consultation with SENDCo – Monitoring of SEND children within EYFS, identifying/advising appropriate intervention for children at risk of developmental delay.
- This may include reviewing deployment of adults and grouping of children and/or critically evaluating procedures, systems and paperwork.
- Advising and supporting on intervention programmes as part of a Graduated Response with a specific input (Listen with Lucy etc).
- Supporting SENDCo’s with completion of a range of SEND paperwork (target plans, Inclusive Schools Forum, EHCNA).
- Preparing and supporting children with key transitions.
- Modelling and advising on approaches / interventions for staff e.g. use of visual timetables, social stories, Now/Next boards, behaviour management systems and resources etc.
- Bespoke training for EYFS SEND in schools (Contact Lisa Seymour for pricing).
- SEND audits / learning walks. – reflect upon your environment and planning to provide inclusive provision.
- Early Years Screening for group of children – Speech Language and Communication Progression Tools, 4 years old and 5 years old.
If you would like more information, to discuss your requirements or a quote
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01952 385423