Have you visited your Telford and Wrekin Library?
Telford libraries offer a wealth of information/activities and books that can suit all needs of disabled children and young people for any age.
What can your library provide for your disabled child?
- Sensory board books - with different textures and sounds available in all libraries
- Large print - junior/teenage and adult stock in a wide range of genres
- Books that are dyslexia friendly are based in the junior and teenage areas and are identifiable by a green sticker on the spine.
- We have audio books in a wide range of titles and levels.
- We have a few Makaton DVDs and work books available in our junior sections.
- First Steps collections - aimed at young people and adults with lower literacy levels that have a older age content.
Activities your library provides:
Find out about all the activities taking place in our libraries.
Tickets and Charges:
- There are no overdue charges for any items borrowed on a children’s ticket
- There are no charges for children’s and teenage books that are returned damaged
- Children’s and Teenage Audio books are free to borrow
Bookstart is a national scheme that provides free information and advice on reading with children from a very young age and encouraging reading together and sharing books. View more information about Bookstart.
For more information about library services and how they can meet the needs of you and your child please contact:
Tel: 01952 382926