Social Inclusion Facilitator
What does the Social Inclusion Facilitator do?
- To encourage children and young people with visual impairment and/or complex needs to participate in a range of activities in the community, including extra curricular school activities.
- To facilitate the social inclusion of children and young people with visual impairment and/or complex needs by supporting their personal, social and emotional wellbeing and development.
- To offer mentoring sessions for individual children and young people in order to support their personal social and emotional development.
Who will benefit from social inclusion and how?
- Children and young people with a visual impairment and/or complex needs.
- Meeting other children and young people to develop friendships.
- Develop self-advocacy skills.
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of activities and events.
- The opportunity to meet peers with similar disabilities (visual impairment and/or complex needs).
- Parents and siblings - opportunities to enjoy activities as a family and with other families too.
Please download the leaflet